Paul Taffinder loi jo 1995 kysymyslistan, jolla jokainen voi arvioida omaa soveltuvuuttaan johtajaksi. Kysymykset sopivat myös oman työn kehittämisen työkaluksi.
- Can you stand outside your own organization and see it as it really is?
- Do you understand the context of your business and organization?
- Have you articulated the core of what matters to your business, what you stand for?
Risk making, risk taking
- Are you serving the future of your organization or merely guarding it past?
- Are you willing to make mistakes and take the consequences?
- Do you actively take risks by seeking opportunities?
- Are you prepared to experiment?
- Do you create adventure in your organization?
- Do you believe in yourself?
- Are your opinions your own or someone else’s?
- Do you thoroughly believe in what you are doing in your organization?
Generating critical mass
- Can you make what you believe in happen?
- Can/have you convince(d) people of the urgency of the need to change, to grab opportunities?